So many people have come to our website seeking deliverance from demonic spirits, ritual abuse, or from wrongful habits (like pornography, smoking, etc.). People sometimes have all sorts of excuses about why they say that they cannot get free. There are things that can hinder us from being fully delivered. Some of these things are as follows:
(1) Sitting under an apostate ministry will hinder you. There are all sorts of false and wacky doctrines throughout the churches in these end times. They go from one extreme to the other with either being totally scared to death of the devil, or they have far off extreme ideas about the devil that elude human error and omit repentance.
If you are throwing out the Ten Commandments then you may as well throw out the entire Bible because you have just made the decision that your own ‘commandments to live by’ are greater than God’s.
(2) Genuine repentance is a must. Repentance is not just saying you’re sorry. Repent means to turn around, and you go in the other direction. It means forsaking sin, not simply confessing it. To forsake is to leave behind, to abandon. We repent not just with our hearts but with our actions.
(3) Rebellion and stubbornness, unwillingness to give up unholy items in your home- statues, music, television, movies, clothing, magazines, idols, occult paraphernalia (ouija board, tarot cards, mediums, Harry Potter type stuff etc)… whatever it may be. As long as these items remain in your home you leave an open door for the devil to have rights to you and your home. There is no need to go around asking others for their “opinion” about what it is that is wrong in your home. What you need to do is ask the Lord to show you anything in your home that needs to go. If you are sincerely seeking His answer then He will show you. If He shows you and then you make excuses about why you see nothing wrong with it then you have just fallen into rebellion again and the Lord will not keep convicting you about it. Rebellion and stubbornness leads to blind deceit. God will purposefully allow you to be deceived and set apart from Him (2 Thessalonians 2:11-12).
(4) Your faith should be in Jesus Christ ONLY, not some preacher. You do not need any preacher’s prayers, or touching you, or knocking you out, and you certainly do not need to give them any money. These things have nothing to do with what God can do for you. God can deliver you if you are all alone on a desert island.
(5) Not fully believing that Jesus Christ is the Son of God will hinder you. You must believe that He is the One True God and was crucified for your sins, and then resurrected in three days, alive today seated with Father God. If you do not first sincerely believe this then it will not be possible to believe that He can ever deliver you. You only need faith the size of a mustard seed, but you must believe on the Son of God and His deity (Acts 16:31, Romans 10:9).
The more you seek the Lord about what He would have you to let go of and the more willing you are to let anything and everything go that He asks you to do then the more that He will open your eyes to Satan’s devices that distract us from the good things the Lord has for us.
The following is a statement made by the author of http://www.nccg.org. This is valuable truth here.
My Christian doctrine has become sharpened and polished through deliverance ministry as I have witnessed the powerlessness of certain so-called Christian teachings. The SRA (satanic ritual abuse) victim I have mentioned believed within all her parts – because this is what she had been indoctrinated with by her satanist controllers who operated under cover in a church (her satanist uncle had been a pastor of it) – that ‘once saved, always saved‘ and that salvation by grace means that we don’t need to obey the commandments any more. These two heresies have ruined more deliverance than any others that I know of, with the exception of those that deny the full deity of Christ. And the reason why? It is because disobeying the commandments is what gives Satan legal access through demons in the first place! Pure and simple. –Deliverance: Do You Really Want It?–
So many church goers today are living in blatant sin believing the heresies of once saved, always saved and no need to repent. The consequence of this ‘no accountability’ to each other does not line up with the Word of God. What you are doing is defending your right to be self-absorbed and not have to feel guilty about it. The devil will have a hayday with you while he lures you into more and more heresies. Life will seem real good to you for a time.
Through many years mom and I have both sincerely sought deliverance for things in our lives and it seemed that we were always facing a brick wall. Eventually deliverance comes. Sometimes it takes years. The Lord may be trying to teach you something. Your experience and how you get delivered may help others later who are going through the same things you are. This is often the case.
Attending church and receiving help from a pastor is a thing of the past. Churches are no place to find help in today’s troubled times. Churches may “seem right” and you will always hear good sounding messages but today most of them will lead to death with their false, dammable, dangerous doctrines (Proverbs 14:12, Proverbs 16:25).
Read more about how to get free and what can hinder your deliverance on our spiritual warfare page.
- Deliverance: Do You Really Want It?
- Four Major Hindrances to Demonic Deliverance
- How To Be Free Through Deliverance